According to Glenn Reynolds: "Liberty Dog is a minarchist libertarian with Objectivist tendencies, but I can't even get my dog to crap outside."

Contact me: Email

MSN Messenger: libertydog05
Yahoo! Messenger: libertydog05
ICQ: 222456716
Skype: libertydog

Syndication feeds:



Thursday, June 09, 2005

Palaces of Ineptitude and Deceit

Those that have followed my blogs for some time will be aware of the fact that I homeschool my 5 year old daughter. Due to the demands of my profession and the fact I am a single father, in a few months, when the new school year starts, I will probably have to enroll her in a regular school, though it will be a private school rather than public (at least assuming I am able to get her in one without the usual 1 year lead time required).

I attended both public and private schools growing up and I tell you, the thought of having to send her to a public school scares the hell out of me. So much so, that I may be forced to hire her a full time Nanny/Governess instead so that she can travel with me instead of being "institutionalized" at her Grandparents.

The public school system in this country has become a national disaster and regardless of the ever-increasing billions being flushed away, it is getting worse. Government has proven itself to be completely inept in the field of educating our youth to become productive individuals with the necessary critical thinking skills necessary to succeed. Logic has been replaced by calls to emotion. Perhaps this is fine if a parent wishes to indoctrinate their children into the nebulous of groupthink that now casts its shadow over this country, but I want something a little better for my daughter.

Thanks to the bastardized mixture of wide scale leftism and the worst ideas of conservatism that has taken grasp in the schools (at all levels), kids are forced to wade through their school years with an almost complete lack of clear direction. In addition, rather than being examples to be emulated, educators are increasingly becoming example of what is wrong with our society.

If you have children, that link is a must read. Even if you don't have kids, you should be aware of the things discussed by Ms. Snell.

The Neolibertarian Network


Copyright © S Michael Moore 2005