According to Glenn Reynolds: "Liberty Dog is a minarchist libertarian with Objectivist tendencies, but I can't even get my dog to crap outside."

Contact me: Email

MSN Messenger: libertydog05
Yahoo! Messenger: libertydog05
ICQ: 222456716
Skype: libertydog

Syndication feeds:



Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Father's Proud Moment

As any parent knows, having a child brings with it a string of proud moments: the birth of your child, their first steps, their first words, etc.

Tonight during dinner I experienced one such moment. As we sat eating, my 5 year old daughter looked across the table and asked, "Daddy, what's liberty?" At first I was taken aback. "What did you say, Baby?" "What's liberty?" she repeated. Wow, I had heard correctly.

Though we've discussed religion many times before, we had never really discussed any of my other philosophical/political beliefs. Trying to keep my answer as succinct and understandable as possible, I said "Liberty is freedom," to which she replied, "Oh, then that's good because freedom is the most important thing people can have." Having never told her that, I was amazed.

She has been asking me to teach her how to play Chess since she was four, but I always told her she was too young, perhaps it is time. She has already proven herself a fairly capable Backgammon player.

The Neolibertarian Network


Copyright © S Michael Moore 2005