According to Glenn Reynolds: "Liberty Dog is a minarchist libertarian with Objectivist tendencies, but I can't even get my dog to crap outside."

Contact me: Email

MSN Messenger: libertydog05
Yahoo! Messenger: libertydog05
ICQ: 222456716
Skype: libertydog

Syndication feeds:



Friday, April 29, 2005

The Book Meme

Well, Tom over at hamstermotor saw fit to inflict me with the book meme. So here it is:

You're stuck in Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?

Having never read Fahrenheit 451, I don't precisely know the guidelines for this, but judging from Tom's explanation, I now have the power to memorize entire texts, in essence becoming that text.

For me, the first choice is easy, Atlas Shrugged. I would dearly love to have John Galt's 90 page speech memorized.

In addition, I would memorize Human Action, Man, Economy, & State, The Communist Manifesto, and The Bible.

The last two might surprise you, but they are two of the most influential works in the history of man. Although I don't espouse the ideas in either, I think I would be well served by knowing them in their entirety.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Like Tom, I was taken aback by Dagny Taggart.

I am sure there were others, but they escape me at the moment.

The last book you brought is:

The last book I actually paid for was The Complete Guide to Offshore Money Havens by Jerome Schneider. Though Schneider is a scam artist, his book and more directly my research of the things outlined in his book, lead me to more legit ways to deal with Offshore Investing.

What was the last book you read, and what are you currently reading?

I just last week completed a re-reading of Anthem.

I am not currently reading a book per se, but I am reading Rothbard's primer The Austrian Theory of Money which should normally be read prior to the reading of more advanced works on the subject, but since I jumped on the heavy stuff first I am just systematically making my way through the Rothbard section of The Austrian Study Guide.

What five books would you take with you on a desert island?

Hmm...assuming that I was going to that island by choice and was otherwise prepared for such an experience, I would bring...well, I don't know what I would bring. They would presumably be something I have yet to read. When I figure it out, I will update this post.

Who are you going to inflict with this meme? (3 people)

Sorry guys! As I am too lazy to go and tag them individually, these people should now consider themselves tagged:

Al at Old Whig's Brain Dump
Invadesoda at Propaganda Machine
Stan at The New American Revolutionist

The Neolibertarian Network


Copyright © S Michael Moore 2005